Howdy Y’all!

My name is Melissa Hatfield. My husband, Mike, and I live in Fort Worth, Texas with our two fur babies, Bella and Maisy. I’ve lived in Texas my entire life and have been an educator for almost as long! When I was in elementary school, I would often play “school” with my best friend. I knew from an early age that teaching was my calling. I graduated from Baylor University and taught Kindergarten through 3rd grade in the Waco area, then moved to Fort Worth where I’m currently teaching 2nd grade. Teaching reading and inspiring the passion to become lifelong learners through the joy of literacy are my goals. I love to watch the bright smiles on children’s faces the first time they read an entire book independently and realize a whole new world has opened up for them!

This blog was created as a vessel to share the knowledge I gain on my journey to becoming a Reading Specialist with Sul Ross State University through their Master’s Degree program. I also hope to collaborate with visitors like yourself so we can learn about literacy together. Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa Hatfield

mmh19na@sulross.edu