As most everyone has already seen, we’re rolling out the disposition logs with a deadline of October 31, 2017. It is not our goal to confuse anyone with these forms, but rather to create a process and a full supply of documentation that show Sul Ross’ compliance with the State. With that in mind here’s an outline of what you can expect for the foreseeable future.
- Final reminder that Disposal Forms were due last April. The deadline is now August 31, 2017.
- Those who turned their Disposal Forms in last spring have received their Disposition Logs, due October 31, 2017. If you have questions about the Disposition Log, check out this post.
- Those who turned in their Disposal Forms by the August 31, 2017 deadline will receive their Disposition Logs during this month. They have the same deadline of October 31.
- October 31, 2017 is the deadline for the Disposition Logs. Once those are turned in, you’ll be good to go until November/December.
- November 2, 2017 is our next in person training. If you have not yet attended a training, that will be your day to do so. More information will be provided as the date approaches.
- The next Disposal Form will be due December 15, 2017. This is to account for all of the CE disposition dates across the schedule.
- Departments who met the December 15, 2017 deadline, will receive their Disposition Logs.
- Disposition Logs will be due March 30, 2018.
- Those who did not turn in a Disposal Form or turned one in late will have the same March deadline as those that turned their forms in the previous December.
- Trainings and other help. This would be a great time to schedule an inventory. If you’d like more information about the inventories, please give us a call.
- The Records Retention Schedule Draft is due to the State by May 31, 2018. After this date, departments will have one year to make any other changes necessary to the schedule.
- A down month similar to April. We will suggest that departments schedule inventories at this time.
- Disposal Forms will be due August 31, 2018 to accommodate for the fiscal year end retention period requirements.
From here we will continue the same process as the year before. This is the schedule that the university will be on for the immediate future. If you ever have any questions along the way, please let us know.