Kognito At-Risk for Faculty & Staff and Kognito At-Risk for Students are online, 45-minute training programs designed to help you recognize signs of emotional distress, effectively discuss your concerns, and refer students to mental health counseling.
These free programs, completed at your convenience, let you engage in challenging conversations with students who are dealing with issues such as overwhelming stress, social isolation, and thoughts of suicide.
Listed in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services registry of evidence-based programs, the Kognito simulations have demonstrated statistically significant increases in:
- Mental health skills which continue to be significant at a three-month follow-up
- Peer connections leading to mental health discussions and counseling sessions when needed
Adopted by more than 350 universities and colleges nationally, your engagement with the Kognito training will support student academic performance and retention as well as campus safety.
Launch the Simulation in 3 Easy Steps
To complete the online simulation exercise using Google Chrome:
- Click HERE to reach the Kognito website
- Create a new account using your Sul Ross email address and one of these enrollment keys: fssulross (for faculty and staff) or sross (for students)
- After answering a few initial questions, click “Launch”
(Please note that the simulation requires pop-ups to be enabled.)
The Kognito site also offers LBGTQ+ modules for students, faculty, and staff. All four training modules will be active until February 2020, and the link to the Kognito website will remain on your Blackboard homepage (under “tools”) until that date.